Call for entries – Riga Photomonth 2020
Riga Photomonth announces an open call for entries under the title of the upcoming festival The Nature of the Beast. The selected works will be shown at the festival’s main exhibition and open-air projection in May-June 2020. We are looking for projects who deal with basic instincts, wilderness, naturality, and the brutal routines of the world. We expect visually striking projects rather than conceptually nuanced series. Photographers/artists from all over the world are welcome to submit their projects - either installation/multimedia works (for exhibition) or photo series of 10-20 images (for projection). Approximately 5 projects will be selected for exhibition at Riga Circus (now an art centre) and about 35 photo series will be screened in a special event in public space during the festival’s opening week. The Riga Photomonth 2020 opening week days will be from 27 until 30 May.
1. Read terms and conditions and download application form
2. Pay application fee of 10 EUR
3. Send your submission to opencall @ rigaphotomonth.com
Deadline extended until 10 February 2020 23:59 GMT+2
Terms and conditions
- Open to photographers & artists worldwide of all ages.
- The submitted projects must interpret the festival’s theme.
- Photographers/artists may submit two type of projects. For an exhibiton we are looking for site specific works, such as installations, video works, while for a projection we will be showing single series of 10-20 photos. Submission deadline: Monday, 10 February 2020 23:59 GMT+2. The Riga Photomonth team will shortlist and the results will be announced by 6 March 2020.
- Each participant can submit maximum of two series. For each application seperate form should be filled and seperate participation fee should be paid.
- The submitted entries must follow these guidelines: hi res files, 2000-2500 px long side, JPG, RGB, maximum quality (compression - 12). In case of a video, the link to the video should be provided in the email.
- Please entitle your entries as follows: “name_surname_number”, for example, “donald_trump_01.jpg”.
- The entry should also include an application file in .doc, which can be downloaded from the festival’s web site and should contains applicant’s name, surname, year of birth, country of residence, e-mail address, the title and short description of the series, as well as information of the works.
- Applications should be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your message exceed 10 MB, please use Wetransfer file transfer programme.
- The participation fee is 10 EUR payable via PayPal on our site by clicking the link above. The payment should be made no later than 12 hours after the application has been sent. If another person or email is paying for your application, please let us know it in your application.
- Entries that are received after the deadline or are not formatted following the guidelines, as well as the ones for which the fee has not been paid will not be considered.
- With the authors, whose works are selected for the exhibition, the organizers will get in touch individually to arrange the transportation of the works or production. Riga Photomonth has the right to determine the production and representation of the works; however will do their best to meet the requirements of the author. Works, which are produced by Riga Photomonth, will be destroyed after the show unless agreed otherwise with the author of the project.
- By submitting an application to the call for entry, the applicant grants permission to Riga Photomonth to showcase the entries free of charge at the festival. Also, the applicant gives Riga Photomonth and its partners a permission to use the submitted works for publicity.
- In case of questions or problems with submission, please email: opencall @ rigaphotomonth.com