Call for entries –
Exhibition in the Urban Environment
Territories, Borders and Check-Points
Riga Photomonth 2016 in collaboration with JC Decaux announces an open call for entries under the title Territories, Borders and Check-Points. In order to bring contemporary photography into the urban environment, we invite emerging photographers worldwide to submit existing or create new work that deals with the subject of the exhibition. It is a chance for photographers to share their work with wider audiences in the largest city of the Baltics and participate in one of the main photography events of the region. Photographers are welcome to interpret the subject according to their personal experience. The organizers are open and interested in seeing both deeply personal and private stories as well as critical socio-political narratives about local and global events. The submitted entries will be judged by international jury and the selected works will be exhibited throughout the city of Riga during the Photomonth in May 2016, using JC Decaux advertising stands. This event is part of the official programme of Riga Photomonth 2016.
Deadline for submissions: 1 February 2016 23:59 GMT+2.
- JH Engström, photographer and curator (Sweden)
- Louise Clements, artistic director of QUAD and FORMAT photo festival (UK)
- Salvatore Vitale, editor-in-chief of YET magazine (Switzerland)
- Rui Prata, director of HOP Helsinki Photofestival (Finland/Portugal)
- Andrei Liankevich, photographer and director of the Month of Photography in Minsk (Belarus)
- Jelena Brokane, JC Decaux Latvia CEO (Latvia)
- Andrei Bezukladnikov, editor of photographer.ru (Russia)
Terms and Conditions
- Open to photographers worldwide of all ages.
- The submitted photographs must interpret the subject Territories, Borders and Check-Points.
- Photographers may submit 3-5 photos from one series. Submission deadline: 1 February 2016 23:59 GMT+2. The jurors will make selection and the results will be announced by 4 April 2016.
- Each participant can submit only one application (one series).
- The submitted entries must follow these guidelines: hi res files of at least 4000px long side, JPG, RGB. The winning photographs will be displayed in urban advertising stands of the following size: 1,19m (width) x 1,75m (height).
- If your submission exceeds 90 MB per file, please email us email@example.com and we will arrange your submission via wetranfer.
- Please entitle your entries as follows: “name_surname_number”, for example, “jane_doe_01.jpg”.
- The applicants must indicate in the submission form their name, surname, year of birth, country of residence, e-mail address, and the title and/or short description of the series (up to 500 characters).
- The participation is free of charge. The expenses for printing and placement will be covered by the organizers.
- Entries that are received after the deadline or are not formatted following the guidelines will not be judged.
- By submitting an application to the call for entry, the applicant grants a permission to Riga Photomonth to exhibit the entries free of charge in the urban advertising stands. Also, the applicant gives Riga Photomonth and its partners a permission to use the submitted works for publicity.
- In case of questions or problems with submission, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications have now closed